Thursday, August 14, 2008

Visiting with friends...part 2

Yesterday we had the chance to meet up with my friend Stephanie and her darling little boy Marc at their local pool.
Meet Marc. Isn't he just the cutest? I have known his mom Stephanie pretty much my whole life. We grew up together in Boston and our families have stayed very close friends over the years and our parents are now in the same ward in NYC. It's been so nice to reconnect with this summer. Stephanie is incredible. I love spending time with her.
As you can see this was no ordinary pool. Tyson went down his first water slide and loved every minute of it.
I know the pictures are small but I didn't have my camera. But that big bucket you see on top of the water slide would pour out water every few minutes and if you weren't paying attention, you might get caught underneath it. Avery and Tyson thought it was so funny.

They also had a lazy river. I will always remember the lazy river because that is where Avery lost the lens to my sunglasses! A few minutes later, she lost my sunglasses. I guess I was smart enough to buy $10 glasses so I'm not too sad that they are gone, but I'm also not smart enough to realize that if I give them to a 16 month old, they probably won't be coming back in one piece or at all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! What a cool pool! Sorry about your sunglasses. You seem to know people everywhere, I wish I could be as popular as you!

Jess said...

That pool looks like so much fun. Is this the Stephanie that I know too? How come she is cut out of the picture?

Lonna said...

Oh my that pool looks really fun, and intense. Love that Avery is making sure that you are paying attention. And Tyson and the water slide, I am sad that we missed that one. What a brave kid.

critts said...

We had so much fun with you guys too! It has been so fun to spend time with you this summer - I'd love it if you guys moved to the Big D permanently! Have a great trip!

Brennan said...

Nice pool! It looks like your kids' swimsuits are getting lots of use this summer!