We have been to the library many times, but the library we usually go to has a drive thru so you can just place the books you want on hold, and then drive on thru to pick them up. It's a genius idea since I never have to get my kids in and out of the car.
However, since we are living in a new city this summer, our local library doesn't offer the luxury of the drive thru, so we ventured inside to get some library cards and books. My parents always set such a great example for loving books and loving to read. While it took me a lot longer than the rest of my family to love to read, I have finally come around. I want to instill in my kids the love and importance of reading. So, I figured it was time for Tyson to get his own library card.
However, since we are living in a new city this summer, our local library doesn't offer the luxury of the drive thru, so we ventured inside to get some library cards and books. My parents always set such a great example for loving books and loving to read. While it took me a lot longer than the rest of my family to love to read, I have finally come around. I want to instill in my kids the love and importance of reading. So, I figured it was time for Tyson to get his own library card.
He was able to pick out his books, and use his card to check out his books.
And we were pleased to find a half price book sale going on in the library as well where we were able to pick up a few more books for our collection.
What are some of your favorite children books?

15 comments:
Our most recent favorite is Pajama Time by Sandra Boynton. We checked it out from the library, but I haven't found it in bookstores. I'll have to use the magic of the internet on this one.:)
drive-thru library? i love that idea! i have a few books on hold for me right now and i sure wish i didn't have to drag the girls in. that's a good idea about getting tyson his own library card. i hadn't even thought about that, but i should do the same for my girls i guess! and i love that he was checking out his books with his shades on!
I agree with Kristi- Sandra Boynton has so many fun books. I am a big fan of the classics by Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild Things Are). His other children's books are just as fun as that book. Isn't the library the greatest?
"Fancy Nancy" is our latest obsession. So cute!
I love that he's wearing his shades at the counter. So cool.
I want a drive thru library. We love How does a dinosaur say good night? and the other dinosaur books. Silly Sally is another fun one. Fancy Nancy is very cute too! Napping House, Piggies, If you give a mouse a cookie (there are several others with the same theme). Those are just some that we are loving right now.
Some good ones are; Humphrey's Bedtime by, Sally Hunter, If you Give A Mouse A Muffin by, Laura Joffe Numeroff and, If you give a Pig a Pancake by Laura Joffe Numeroff. I love those books and so does Claire-Bear!
~Kathrine
that drive through library thing must have been awesome. and i thought it was cool when our library had electronic check out. your kids are so cute reading their books!
I also love that he is at the check out wearing his shades, and what a good kid that he will stand still and do it by himself, amazing.
We love the If you give a moose a muffin, pig a pancake, mouse a cookie.
Also chicka chicka ABC. Eric Carle books (make learning colors fun)
Harriet, you'll drive me wild! (perfect for me on most days)
Bubbles, Bubbles by Kathi Appelt
I love Hooway for Wodney Wat By Helen Lester, and I also love the Kevin Henkes books.
We should start a book exchange, I think that I have 99% of our memorized, I think that we could use something new.
I loved having my own card as a kid. Great idea Paiger!! You know my favorite is cloudy with a chance of meatballs! I just bought it for Blake.
That's such a great idea.
One favorite is Chrysanthemum. Probably because I'm so adament about people calling Christopher by his "really long name" that is NOT that long, in my opinion, but many assume we shorten it. You'd think I was asking someone to say Supercalifragilisticexpialidotious just to get them to call him by his given name.
It's a really cute book. Check it out!
This about the cutest thing ever. I love that you took pictures of him checking out books. I have SOOOOOO many fond memories of going to the library as a child. It was probably one of my favorite activities during the summer months.
we love the library. Kate's latest obsessions are Fancy Nancy, Alice the Fairy, and Hattie Hippo. Sam is only into tearing the pages out of books...the library frowns upon this.
Um...Tyson could not look cuter checking his own books out! I love it! PS - I swear that I'd never heard of this "drive-through library" concept until today. Amazingly brilliant idea! Wish we had one here.
Jamberry, by Bruce Degan. Awesome. I like it because I think it's fun and cute, love the pictures, so I don't mind reading it over and over and over... and over, which you WILL end up doing because it is such a fun book. Nathan has always liked it and Cody ADORES it, and requests it multiple times a day... "Jamma! Jamma!" Give it a try. :)
Post a Comment