To be a dad of 7 kids I don't doubt is an easy task. To be a grandfather of 18 grandkids I'm sure is exhausting. But, I have never heard any such thing come out of my father-in-law's mouth. Dallas is one of the most optimistic people I have ever met. He always has a smile on his face, a positive word to say, and a skip in his step. He is also so kind and generous and is always working hard on some project. He is always cracking jokes with his kids and grandkids and still shows how active he is by running daily, and water-skiing! I am so lucky to have married a person with such amazing parents. I'm also grateful to Dallas for being such a great example to Brent. Happy Father's Day, Dallas. I hope this is a great day for you.
And a special shout-out to the other great father in my life, Brent. He really is such a great dad and plays with the kids so well. He has a special relationship with each of our kids, and one that I will never be able to compete with. At the end of the day, the second the kids hear the door open, they run to to greet him. He drops his stuff at the door and instantly starts playing with them. Brent helps the kids learn things and has infinite energy to chase them around. We are so grateful to have a dad like Brent in our family. He is truly an inspiration and example to me. Happy Father's Day Brent. We love you.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Happy Father's Day
I don't think there is a day that goes by where I don't hear someone say how amazing my dad is. I have to agree completely. I'm not sure there is a person who has met my dad and walked away not feeling better about themselves. My dad is truly an amazing person. Growing up, I knew that my dad worked hard, but I'm not sure I fully understood how hard he worked and the sacrifices he made for us until I was older. My dad is one of the funniest, most generous, most kind people I know. He always seems to find time for the important things in his life. He is the best grandpa and I know his grandkids just love him to death. Dad, thank you for all you have done for me and thank you for being such a great dad. I love you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
What a sweet tribute! Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in your life!
Hooray for dads! And thank goodness the kids want them so much at the end of the day!
Happy Father's Day! I'm glad that you have such great dads around! I love the picture of Brent and Tyson, so cute!
what a great tribute to the dads in your life. I respect Brent more knowing that he has the skills to potty train. You are a lucky girl. It sounds like you are doing well, I am glad to see that the heat has not melted you yet.
what a great tribute to the dads in your life. I respect Brent more knowing that he has the skills to potty train. You are a lucky girl. It sounds like you are doing well, I am glad to see that the heat has not melted you yet.
K. You have the cutest parents ever! They look exactly the same! (still young)! Your husband sounds like he is a wonderful father and you can tell he adores his little Avery! What a cute family you have!!! Lets see some more pictures of you Paige!
By the way.... when I was having Kesley I wanted to name her Avery and middle name Paige! Funny huh! Okay maybe it's not, but I think it' cool that your name is Paige and you have a little girl names Avery! Okay.. I 'll stop!
You do have a fabulous dad!!
That is so sweet what you wrote about your dad. Your parents look exactly the same from when I remember. It seems like forever ago. Well it probably has been along long time ago. Anyways those pictures are all so darling.
Post a Comment