Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A trip to the firestation






For our weekly playgroup this week, we took a trip to the firestation and had a great time. The firemen are used to having groups with kids a little bit older, but they were so nice and took us on a tour, let them get in the firetruck, and spray some water. Tyson had a great time and will be talking about this for a while!!



And even though Avery was there and didn't get any pictures taken, I decided to throw one in of her. A lady at the store the other day asked Tyson if he liked having a little brother. I guess until Avery gets some hair on the top of her head, it's bow city for us.

16 comments:

Lonna said...

Wow you are quick! I have not even located my camera from today's events yet you already have your pics posted. Don't worry about Avery's hair, Gwen got the same thing all the time, even if she was wearing all pink or even a dress...eventually her hair came in and problem solved. We would just go along with the people that said she was a boy. It just became easier than correcting everyone.

jan said...

It looks like Tyson has pretty much made up his mind about what he wants to be when he grows up. You can tell that he is having a tug-of-war with the hose----"no, I'll hold it by myself, thank you very much."
By the way, I have the cutest grand kids ever!

Jessica F. said...

So good to talk with you!

Shannon & Summer said...

What a fun thing to do!

Conni said...

These are so cute. I cannot resist pictures of kids at the firestation! Somehow it just seems so right to visit them and let the kids get a feel for everything. Since my kids have 2 Uncles who are firemen, we usually get quite the tour when we go. I wish I could have come today....we haven't been to one in Texas yet. They've been to our house for a 911call...Yikes!

Again...I love the newest blog look!!

John and Laura said...

Some people are so dumb. I think she's beautiful and does NOT look like a boy.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

paige they are so sweet all around. When will you be visiting ut again i would love to see you

Kristi said...

How could someone mistake Avery for a boy? She's beautiful! Not handsome.:)

Lindsay said...

What a fun idea. I bet Tyson loved it. He looks so cute in front of the fire truck!

Unknown said...

How fun...your fire station must be way better than ours, they only had one hat to give out and no water and thought we were crazy for taking our toddlers and infants...oh well! And don't you just love that if a baby isn't in pink, it's a boy...don't worry I get it all the time with Hannah too

Sarah said...

how about some big pink earrings but then again when i pierced my little girl's ears people still said what a cute little boy she was, morons

Kelly said...

Your blog looks fantastic, first of all. Next, what a clever idea you had to arrange this for the play group! Who all went?

russandkatie said...

how fun

Amy said...

Hey Smelly Paige. It's Amy Burnham Dixon and I saw YOUR blog finally. Thanks for giving me your blog. Your kids are so cute! I think they are a good mix between you and Brent. You have a darling family. I remember Megs telling me when Avery was born and I was ticked because I was due before you and you had yours first. So I think Avery and Dallin pretty close in age, right? I've updated our blog with Halloween pics if you're interested. It's fun to be able to keep in touch this way!

The Hokanson Family said...

What a fun outing, I think maybe we'll try to do that too. Thanks for the idea.

The Hokanson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.