Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I hope my kids don't turn out like me!

Sometimes I wish my kids will just never go through the awkward stages. Trust me, I have had my fair share of bad hairstyles and ugly clothes and I think "my kids will never go through that because I won't let them". Yeah right. I'm sure my mom thought the same thing but sometimes we just don't listen. But, I do wish they could bring a tape recorder with them to school so I can hear all the funny things that go on. Like the time my friend asked the lunch lady for some gravy for the scoop of mashed potatoes she just got, only to find out that it was rice. Or, when my friend asked my 7th grade math teacher if he permed his mullet. Or when my friend Charity asked a kid in our 12th grade English class if she could have some gum from his beeper which ended up being a real beeper. At some point I guess, all kids will want to dress themselves and do their own hair and will look back at pictures and get mad at me for letting them go out of the house looking like that! I guess it's comes with growing up.

No comments: