Tuesday, January 5, 2010

somebody turned 5!

Ty had a birthday last week and is now 5. It's hard to believe he is growing up so fast. He had a few things he wanted to do on his birthday. First, go to Chuck e cheese. So, we did. And we had a great time. We were lucky enough to have Brent's parents and brother in town to celebrate the big day with us.


Uncle Ben and Ty fighting off some dinosaurs
Avery was happy she got to play the games as well.
She wasn't a fan of the life size Chuck-e-cheese, or even the fake one.
Ty also requested a batman cake.

Think he's excited?
Happy Birthday Ty. You make me laugh, cry, you test my patience, you humble me, you make me think, and have made my life better. I love you. I can't wait to see what this year brings.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Tyson! I love his excited face. So cute! Luke went to Chuck E Cheese on his 5th birthday too! I loved the simplicity of that birthday, but now I have to plan a party this year. Ugh! :)

Rachel B. said...

Awww, those last few lines were so sweet! Happy Birthday Tyson! I always remember his birthday as he and Tom were so very close to being birthday buddies. Seems like I got to hold that newborn babe of yours just yesterday. Glad you guys had a fun celebration!

Jessica F. said...

What a little stud. Chuck E Cheese is a serious milestone in the life of a child!

Lonna said...

Hooray for Tyson and hooray for chuck E. Cheese! I was reading this post when Gwen walked in the room and started yelling that Ty was with Chuck E. Cheese and that we need to go there to see them.

That is a really impressive cake, how long did that one take to whip up? I know that you are quite the amazing cake maker so when should I have my request in to you for Gwen's cake?

I can't believe that Ty is really 5! What a cute boy he is.

Megs said...

I really wish Tyson would show some emotion. He is so hard to read! So happy it was a good birthday. Blake is going to love hanging out with his cousins in a few weeks.

katie said...

Happy B-day Buddy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You have such a cute family paige!!!! It looks like you guys are always having fun! love the 2010 glasses!!!!

Kelly said...

It made my day two Sundays ago to pass by Ty and Brent in the hall at church. Your boys are great.