Friday, January 15, 2010

friday favorite - what's your favorite mop?

Ok blog readers. I'm turning to you for your opinion. I'm in need of a good mop.

Do any of you have a steam mop? Does it work? Do you like it?

If not, what's your favorite mop?

Do any of you have tile floors? If so, have you ever steam cleaned the grout? Was it successful?

Answers and opinions appreciated!

13 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oo oo, I have a Bissell steam mop and I have really quite liked it. I have no idea about grout and stuff though. We just have cheap non-grouty floors.

Jessica F. said...

I am no help at all. Our kitchen floor is 5 x 5 feet and I clean it with a clorox wipe! Good luck. I will check back to see what other say so I know for the future!

Buddy Roberts said...

I still use the good ole hands and knees. Grandma said it will never shine as good as the old fashioned way. I tell everyone that I am a dinosaur when it comes to technology. If you can call a mop techno.

russandkatie said...

I bought a steam mop for Christmas, hated it and returned it. It left my tile floors really streaky looking. Not shiny at all! which is what I love about newly cleaned floors is that they look so shiny and clean... for about 15 minutes anyways. I went back to my old ways of using microfiber washcloths and scrub scrub scrubin away.

Amy said...

Okay, so I just bought a Shark Steam Mop and LOOOOOOVE it. It does leave it a little streaky hardly noticeable but it only takes me like 10 mins to mop my floors now when it used to take 45 mins!! So I will take that trade off. Now, I have wood not tile so that probably does not help you much. Also, the area I need to clean is huge, 20x12 so hands and knees killed me. This was such a lifesaver for me. I was actually about to do a blog post on it, kind of funny. I have heard mixed feelings on Steam Mops but for me it was the right fit.

Amy said...

maybe someone has one you could just test out? I wish you lived closer I totally would!

Ashlie said...

I have the white wing steam cleaner. I did a ton of research on steamers and this is about the only middle range steamer that gets good reviews. Most all of the cheaper ones don't get great reviews. I've really quite enjoyed it. Once I get going I start steaming everything, the kitchen sink, fridge, walls, stove top . . . but then again, I've always said I clean more like a stay at home dad would. ;)

Kory Klein said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my shark steam mop. I just upgraded to the newer pocket steam mop from shark and it is AWESOME!! I have all tile in my downstairs and it works great on it. I do spray cleaner on the floor before I use it just to get it extra clean. I got mine at Costco- then if anything goes wrong or if you don't like it you can always take it back!! Good luck!

charity said...

i just use a swiffer and i love it. easy, small, and disposable.

Hildie said...

I have an envirosteamer that I've been using for about eight years now. It does really well on tile and gets all sorts off goo and crap off of the floors. Plus I like knowing that they are sterile because of the steam.

The floors look a little dull afterwards, but I don't care. If they don't have big blobs of food on them then I'm a happy camper.

Plus you have to mop slowly so you don;t get all sweaty which I hate about traditional mopping. And no sore knees (If I had to mop the floor on my hands and knees it would get done about once a year!)

critts said...

I have the Shark steam mop too. Am I amazed? No. But it's quick and I like that it doesn't use harsh chemicals. And in between I also use my Swiffer. And I also use a good old soap and sponge for trouble spots.

We paid for our tile and grout to be professionally cleaned right before we put our last house up for sale and I was not amazed. I thought it would make my grout look brand new and while it did help a little, it didn't have the brand new look I was going for. And I definitely wouldn't pay to do it again because it's so expensive.

Sarah said...

love my shark steam mop...no chemical smells and so easy to do...however, it does not clean my grout very good, but i don't care, i love it!

Sarah said...

love my shark steam mop...no chemical smells and so easy to do...however, it does not clean my grout very good, but i don't care, i love it!