Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My 3 C's of Lent

I decided to participate in Lent this year. So, I'm giving up the 3 C's - caffeine, carbonation, and candy. The candy one is huge for me. I have a major sweet tooth. (I don't consider cookies or cupcakes to be candy. And I won't be giving up carbs either.)

Lent starts today. Wish me luck. Want to participate with me? What will you give up? (It doesn't have to be what I'm giving up. You can choose your own thing!)

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! I wish I could say I would do it with you but I know that I can't give any of those 3 things up so I figure I might as well not even try. Let me know how it goes!

Jessica F. said...

Good luck! I am doing the South Beach Diet so I gave up carbs and sugar a week ago. I wish it had something to do with Lent but really it is to get off my baby weight.

Caffeine-free diet coke is my only indulgence so I cannot get off carbonation.

charity said...

i love your new back ground! and i'm proud of you in your lent goal. i'd love to hear how it goes and how you feel!

merathon said...

wait-- so does caffeine include the other c? chocolate??

good luck, paige! a few days ago i was thinking about giving something up but haven't decided yet. . . i used to give something up every year but haven't done it in a while!

critts said...

LOL I used to do this every year. I might consider the 3Cs too but only if I get a weaning period on the caffeine. Pathetic I know, but that's my reality.

Adrianne said...

I couldn't give up the caffeine! And Dan wouldn't be able to give up the candy! That's a killer trio!Best of luck to you!

And yes you did win on my blog so email me so we can discuss options!!

Adrianne said...

I couldn't give up the caffeine! And Dan wouldn't be able to give up the candy! That's a killer trio!Best of luck to you!

And yes you did win on my blog so email me so we can discuss options!!

Bethany said...

I'd like to give up being pregnant... is that one of my options?

Hey, you and Meg ought to go vote on my blog poll... you'd have an opportunity to win a little free jewelry... :)

Megs said...

Great idea Paiger. I am not sure what I want to give up, but I am impressed with what you have picked. Can I start my lent late??

Christy said...

very impressive. i could give up the candy before i could the cookies and cake. or the carbs, for that matter. :) good luck!

Ashlie said...

I vowed to give up candy about a week and a half ago. For me that means peppermint patties. So far so good. I think I'm past the withdrawal stage for the most part. ;) Let's see . . . I'll also give up my occasional splurge to 2% milk and chocolate.

How long is lent?

aniC said...

i'm generally against the idea of lent and giving things up, but you've motivated me. i'm going to give up alcohol, cigarettes, and coffee.

Tyler Kearl said...

Giving up caffine? That is sac-religious...

Ty

meredith said...

What will you eat? You just took out my three main food groups.

Conni said...

I'm giving up brussel sprouts....it's been hard, but so far so good.