Tuesday, February 2, 2010

oven safe? apparently not.

a few nights ago i was cooking some chicken in the oven when all of the sudden i heard a pop. I looked in my oven and found this. My "oven proof" pan had shattered. I was able to save the chicken. The pan, however, could not be saved.

6 comments:

Texas Dimons said...

I've had that happen. Unfortunately, mine was not in foil Dinner ruined!

meredith said...

sue.

Lonna said...

I think that your oven may be too mighty for the traditional bake ware. Maybe you should try some kind of military grade cookware.

I am sorry that you had to clean that up, but hooray that you didn't have to cook anything else afterward.
All in a days work.

charity said...

Oh, I've heard that kind of pop before. scary!! good thing for oven doors!

Rob Abney said...

That must be some intense cooking to blow up your bowl. Maybe it was your sauce.

I am glad to know that your chicken was not harmed in this potentially deadly event.

Hildie said...

Are you ever going to invite us over?

(Just don't bake anything for us, OK? That pan mishap was a little scary.)