Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent


It's Lent again. It officially starts tomorrow - on Ash Wednesday. So I have been thinking about what I want to give up this year. Last year I gave up caffeine, carbonation and candy. It wasn't the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it was a challenge. I think I'll stick with the C theme this year and give up chocolate. I never used to be a big chocolate person - until I was about 6 months pregnant with Payton. And then it was the more chocolate the better. Probably the reason I can't fit into my pants. And I might as well give up cakes and candy as well. Go hard or go home!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck! You are a much better person than me. I don't dare try to give up anything b/c I already know I can't do it!

Rachel B. said...

Holy smokes you are tough! Chocolate?!?! They must not have been kidding when they said kids make you crazy! ;) Good luck Paige!

Megs said...

I could have used a little more advanced noticed on Lent. I will have to think today about the best thing to give up. Maybe staying up late??

meredith said...

sticking with the c's....your crazy

Matt M said...

I'll eat your share. There must be a balance Paige!

Greg and Tammy said...

I'll eat your portion.

Love the family blessing pic. You guys are such a darling family. And you look FANTASTIC. Nobody that skinny after having a baby should go off chocolate. :)

Lonna said...

I am with Sierra, I just know that I wouldn't make it. I think that not being able to have it makes it that much more of a temptation for me.

I am always impressed with your dedication though. I know that you will be successful and toothpick thin while I will be round and super round due to my lack of self discipline. Go get em' Paige.

jan said...

I am going with your C theme and giving up chocolate and complaining. This could be a recipe for disaster, but I am willing to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration. love you

Jessica F. said...

Impressive goal. Especially with all those delicious Candbury eggs all over the place!

Conni said...

I'm in awe of you. That's all I have to say on the 'giving up chocolate' matter.
Hope you guys are doing great. Love seeing your blog! Your kids are getting so big, cuter and cuter every time I see pic's. :)

Kelly said...

So how's that going for you now?