Thursday, August 6, 2009

today

By 7 am this morning, both kids were up and dressed, Tyson had already been in time-out and Avery was well on her way. Looks like it's going to be a very long day.

I heard on the radio this morning that today might be the hottest day in Austin, ever. A record breaker. 106. That may not sound that hot to some of you, but add that with the humidity and what do you get? Your worst nightmare.

But, I did hear the weather guy say that we are in for some relief this weekend. He actually said a cold front might be moving into the area and we would see temps of 102. Better pull out those jackets.

6 comments:

Ashlie said...

I feel your pain.

critts said...

It's horrible here too and the humidity has been awful lately. We're staying indoors. I don't feel like braving the heat and stickiness even to go to the pool.

merathon said...

they're having a great sale on jackets at Lands' End, so you might want to check that out!

sorry, paige. i'm right there with ya on the humidity...

Lonna said...

You know that it is bad when even a trip to the pool isn't relief from the heat and sun. I think that you are right though, I better look for something other than panties and shorts for the kids to wear if we are in for a "cold"front. Thanks for the heads up, I hope you stay cool, I think that we will try otter pops while sitting near the A/C.

katie said...

UGGGG-It's hot down here but NO humidity. With that cold front coming make sure you have lots of blankets and snuggle up !!

Anonymous said...

here also theres no rain...just waiting for that
Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step