Last week for playgroup we went to a local "pumpkin patch." Whoever said everything is bigger in Texas was not referring to the pumpkin patches. They had taken down their hay maze so it was only a pile of overpriced pumpkins.


The only good thing was the kids got to have one of these fun Halloween cupcakes.

This past weekend we went to our ward's Halloween party where the kids got to participate in some fun games like fishing. (Next to Avery is our friend Christopher who was dressed like Elvis. I cut off his head in the picture but he had the hair and everything. Best costume of the night for sure.)

These are the only pictures I got from the whole night. After the games and dinner, the kids did the annual Trunk or Treat. Tyson was thrilled that by only saying "trick or treat" people would give him candy. Avery was content with her sucker. We had a great night.
9 comments:
I LOVE your kids' costumes! Hook 'em Horns! I actually thought about going as a UT fan, but it never materialized. Thanks for the compliment for Christopher, I'll show him your post. Then last, but not least, those cupcakes are so Halloweenie and I want one! Not really, because I'm trying to lose all of LAST YEAR'S cupcakes and candy weight. It's nice that your cupcakes saved the day for play group. I heard about them from other people and was hoping you'd post a picture of them.
Your kids' costumes are so cute. I'm afraid going mine are going to be the white trashy costumes this year. Oh well. And you seem like you are always baking something and those cupcakes look great! Glad the trunk or treat went well.
I love that Avery is missing a shoe in the fishing pic...story of my life...someone is always leaving something behind...a shoe, a hairbow, a toy, a bottle, a kid! (just kidding...haven't done that one yet)
Sorry 'bout the punkin patch flop. Our Pumpkin Patch really is the biggest and best I've ever been to... if that makes you feel any better. Don't lose faith in the Tex. :)
How fun! you always do FUN activities with your kids. Those cupcakes look sooooo delicious.
Avs is so cute in the last picture. I wish I had a longhorns cheerleader outfit. Do you have me for Christmas this year??
It is a curious holiday when people give you candy for just saying "trick or treat".
I love that pic of Avery in the cheer leading outfit...so dang cute!!!
Ahh I love that Tyson also realized the power of the phrase trick or treat. Gwen kept saying it to people that had no candy left, and so I think that her great idea was deflated.
Your kids look so cute in the UT costumes. I love Avery's hair. And you do make some pretty fantastic cup cakes. I think that saved the day at playgroup. Maybe next year we will get there in time for the maze.
Fun Halloween activities. You guys are always doing something fun. Those Halloween cupcakes have me dreaming about the flower ones you made for that shower at Kelly's. Can you send me that recipe? My mouth is watering just writing about them!
Post a Comment