A few weeks ago, it was Dad's night at Tyson's school. Ty was so pumped to be going to school, at night, with his dad. When they got there, they got to have their picture taken on this motorcycle, and then go into the classroom and make this frame for the picture and then have dinner together. A very special night for both of them.


When I go to pick up Tyson, I hear the teachers telling all the other moms how great their kids did in class and how much they enjoy having them. Usually when I walk in, they just look at me and smile. Awkward. If they do say something to me it's usually to the effect of
"wow. Tyson has a lot of energy."
"wow. Tyson gets all the other kids riled up."
"wow. Tyson pees a lot."
"wow. Where does Tyson get all of his energy."
However, this week was different. I went and picked him up the other day and heard,
"Tyson had a great day today."
And today, I open his backpack and imagine my surprise when I came across this bad boy. It put a smile on my face for sure. We're cashing this sucker in ASAP!!

13 comments:
I am not sure is who more pumped about the motorcycle, Brent or Tyson. Did Brent ask for a second picture of him on the bike? Be honest. I am so proud of Tyson. I can't believe he is getting so grown up.
Hey...did they give you the picture? or did you send a camera? I need to get Shane and Austin's picture!
Way to go Tyson!! You cash that ice pop voucher in FAST... with the economy in a down turn, you never know, you just never know.
He is so funny! I love that he sounds like such a ball of energy. I still remember your post talking about a nursery leader telling you that Tyson was "a joy" one day and how happy that made you. I love the little fire-balls! I've got one of my own.
Way to go Tyson! I'm glad school is going so well and who cares if he has a lot of energy and pees a lot, I think those are great things.
congrats to tyson and all, but i have to ask: what the devil are sorting fruits?
For a second, I thought that Brent had actually gotten a motorcycle and I was going to wig out because I think they are so scary. Thank goodness it was just a photo op. That is fantastic that he is loving school and making progress.
That's awesome Paige. I love those little awards!
"Tyson pees a lot"? Since when was that a box on the school report card? Right under "Follows Directions" and "Plays Well With Others"? :)
Hey Paige, at least he can go to the bathroom by himself, I don't know what the teachers are complaining about, it is not like he is in diapers. I think Tyson is a lot of fun, and he is such a good boy, I am glad that he is getting the recognition for it. I know that he helps Gwen all the time.
Way to go Ty!
That is so great! Way to go Tyson! I am always hesitant picking Luke up from preschool because I worry about how he behaved that day. We have some good days, but we have also had the days where the teacher motions for me to come and talk to her.
I had the same experiences with Isaac at preschool. I told Jon it was the "walk of shame" because they were always saying something that made me feel terrible. "We're worried that the other kids might get sick because Isaac has his finger in his nose so much," things like that. Good times.
yay for Tyson! Marc is certainly an energetic kid too.
Post a Comment