A big thanks to the firemen at Station 39. I know the kids totally are looking like they are loving the station in this picture!!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Firestation Trip
Last week for playgroup we headed to the firestation. This is always a kid favorite activity.
It's probably a different age group than what the firemen are used to, but they did such a great job.
They opened up each compartment on the truck and showed the kids what was in it. Tyson was always front and center when they opened a new door.
Avery had no idea what to think about the whole firestation thing. She was more excited when her friend Harrison kept dropping his fruit loops so she could pick them up and eat them.


They even showed the kids what firemen look like with all their gear on so they wouldn't be scared if they saw them.
They let each kid spray the hose. Avery felt a little safer from a distance.


A big thanks to the firemen at Station 39. I know the kids totally are looking like they are loving the station in this picture!!
A big thanks to the firemen at Station 39. I know the kids totally are looking like they are loving the station in this picture!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Connecting the world one blog at a time...
So I blog-spied on your "Love Schaacks," since I have Schaacks in my ward, and yeah, it's his brother John, and I also have his sister Megan in my very own ward. Small world!
ok seriously do you ever just make your kids watch t.v. all day because I am really starting to feel like an inadequate mom with all these fun trips you take your kids on. how fun!
My understanding of "play group" is that you lock the kids in the basement for a few hours with a movie on and throw them some crackers and capri suns every so often...:) You guys really do a lot of fun activities with your kids, YOU'RE the great mom Paiger. I just want to kiss your kids cheeks too! When will I see you again?
What a fun play group! And I love Avery's little pig tails! Too cute!
What kind of a mom would let their daughter pick her nose in public? Man I need to talk to her. Just kidding, I think that every other picture that I have of Gwen has her finger in her nose, despite my best efforts to teach her that is something we don't do.
I love that Tyson is so involved in all the things that the firemen were saying and showing. He is such a cute boy. I need to have Avery over to my house to follow around Harrison so I don't have to pick up the cereal that he drops.
That was a really great activity, I am glad that you are in charge and always thinking of fun things to do.
You do a lot of fun activites with your kids. We must be boring parents. That does look fun and Austin just had a visit with a fireman for school last week and loved it. Kids really do enjoy stuff like that. It's also really important that they learn all of the safety rules about fires and stuff. FUN FUN!
You always have such fun little field trips with your kids. You are such a cute and great mom! Man, I wish I was as good as you!!!! Seriously!!! NO Joke!!!
Post a Comment