Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The big 3-0!!

Today is Brent's birthday. He's 30!! So, in honor of Brent, I'm going to list 30 facts about him.

If you make a comment sending Brent some birthday wishes, you will be entered into a drawing. I will randomly select a winner on Thursday. That person will get a little package that includes some of Brent's favorite things.

1. Brent was born in Burbank, California but only lived there for 2 years. He lived in upstate NY until he left for college.

2. He is a die-hard Lakers fan.

3. He is the 6th of 7 kids. He has 3 brothers and 3 sisters.

4. He is fluent in Spanish.

5. Growing up, Brent wanted to be a couple of things when he got older: a Truck Driver and a Bodybuilder.

6. Brent knows how to play the drums really well and played them in band during high school. You will find him constantly drumming on things with his thumbs (this happens usually when he's listening to music or is concentrating really hard on something and when he breaks his concentration, the drumming begins.)

7. Brent played basketball in high school as well as did cross country and track. He was recruited to play basketball in college.

8. Coming from a big family, Brent wanted 8 kids when we got married. After having Tyson, he was fine with 1!!

9. Brent's dream car is a Lamborghini Murcielago.

10. He learned to waterski at age 3 and is pretty incredible at it.

11. Brent is a night owl.

12. He served his mission in Torreon, Mexico.

13. He is an eagle scout.

14. Brent was a fill-in EFY counselor for a week.

15. He graduated from BYU in Management Information Systems.

16. His favorite meal is steak and potatoes.

17. Brent has written in a journal every night for 12 1/2 years straight.

18. He potty trained Tyson.

19. He loves Steven R. Covey.

20. He loves to drive in the car - he loves to take Sunday afternoon drives or long road trips. (He's usually solo for these since I'm not a huge fan of car trips.)

21. He loves chocolate chip cookies.

22. Brent has a hard time sitting still. If he's talking on the phone, he's pacing. If he's sitting, his leg is bouncing. Brent is always on the move. Our kids get their energy from him for sure.

23. He can do the beatbox to any song - hymns are a favorite of his.

24. Brent is a huge fan of Kobe Bryant. And Shaq. And Arnold Schwarzenegger.

25. He loves The Office and Smallville.

26. He's dedicated in his church callings and never complains about serving.

27. He loves to be with family. Whether it's just us, or with his family or my family, he's happiest being surrounded by family.

28. Brent is a great dad.

29. He takes the kids every Saturday to Rudy's for breakfast tacos. He has some really great traditions with the kids.

30. Brent is a great husband. I couldn't ask for a better one!

Happy Birthday Brent. I love you.

19 comments:

Megs said...

Enter me in the drawing baby. If the prize has anything to do with body building or Arnold I am totally in. Possibly the dvd of Kindergarten Cop?? Happy Birthday to brent. This was a great list!!

Texas Dimons said...

What a fun list! Happy Birthday Brent...still jealous about New York though!! :)

Kelly said...

What an awesome husband for you and dad to your kids. Brent's a great guy. Happy birthday, Brent! Tell him he and I have the same favorite food!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Brent! I love the list, great job!

Rachel B. said...

Happy Birthday Brent! And Brent, never give up on your dreams. I'm sure you can still attain the body-building...or truck driving for that matter. And pretty impressive about the journal writing. Hope you guys have a great day all together!

Christy said...

holy cow, i'm really impressed that brent has written in his journal every night for 12.5 years! wow.

happy birthday brent!

The Roberts said...

First of all, Happy Birthday to Brent! You guys are so young or maybe it is just that Tom and I are so much older!

Nicole said...

wow, that journal thing really is impressive. happy birthday, brent!

ashley g. said...

You mean he's not a bodybuilder? And we totally went to MBA school to become truck drivers too! So much in common!

Except today is not either of our birthdays. So Brent, Happy Birthday to you!

Jess said...

Great list, I learned so much about Brent. Happy Birthday Brent! I am so impressed with the journal writing. The Office and Smallville are favorites in our house too.

Neysa said...

Happy birthday Brent! That was sweet what you wrote about him. The pumpkin festival looked like a ton of fun.

Conni said...

Happy Brithday Brent and Happy Day to you Paige for having such a great guy for a husband! That's what we call a win-win sit-e-ation!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Brent!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday B Jones :o)! Wow, you're finally catching up to us oldies. That's a great list of facts. What an amazing wife you have. We miss you guys. Love, Russell and Lisa (p.s #4 is on the way and Russell says "go nuggets")

Michele said...

Happy Birthday Brent, hope you had a wonderful day. We are sad that you and your family will not be in our ward anymore.

Lonna said...

No wonder they make him hang out with the young men, he is just about the same age as they are. Just kidding. I hope that you had a great day.

Paige what a wonderful wife you are for going through the effort to make the steaks minus the grill. Amazing. Fun little facts you listed about Brent I should have known that he was a runner.

Christiansen Clan said...

Wow...Brent and Brian must have come from the same mold! They have a lot of similarities.

Caryn said...

How could I not know all these musical things about Brent! It would be so fun to hear him beatbox a hymn. I could really use that right now! Your list was awesome, Paige! Now I thoroughly miss living next to ya'll! Happy Birthday, Brent, even though it's a bit late. Happy Birthday!

Shana said...

Tell Brent all the cool people were born in Burbank.. okay, just me and him, but still.