Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Stockyards
This past weekend we went to the Fort Worth Stockyards. One of the first things we saw when we were arriving was a guy with cowboy boots and a cowboy hat and Tyson was so excited to see a "real cowboy."


Twice a day, these Longhorns are herded down the road for everyone to see. It was pretty cool to see them so close.
Then we went to a gun show and it was a little different than we expected. It was more of a skit put on by some mediocre actors where they would randomly shoot a gun when you weren't expecting it. This is how Ty watched the show!

Ty is getting a little big for these rides, but he loves them as much as Avery does.
The Stockyards are free, however, some things are not. If you look the wrong way at the wrong time, you are charged. We walked past this longhorn and the guy asked Ty if he wanted to sit in the saddle, which of course got Ty very excited...only then did the guy tell us we owe $3!
We ended the day with a little ice cream.
(Avery had already devoured her ice cream by the time we got around to her picture)
We had a great time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I just left a really good comment, then I clicked x instead of publish. Now I have no desire to retype my cleverness.
Once again, I am always amazed at your energy to take your kids out to do so much. Wonder mom. That's so lame when people trick you into things then want money. We ran into that like crazy in Mexico on our honeymoon. "Want to hold the iguana, it's free?" Then after you hold it, "just tips, just tips." Gotta love it. At least Ty looks like he got his moneys worth.
You are always doing such fun things. I need some of your energy. Your kids are so cute!
go longhorns!
i feel like your tots in the last photo right about now....
Now those are Longhorns. I think I ran past those stockyards in my marathon. I had no idea they were so cool.
That does look like a really good time. A jail for the kids, longhorns tame enough to ride, ice cream, and a nap at the end. It sounds too good. I love that Tyson can recognize a real cowboy. Clever boy.
I'd settle for half your energy. Man, you do a lot of fun stuff. What lucky kids!
It's kind of my philosophy that if they don't tell you they are going to charge you until after the fact, you don't have to worry about paying them until after the fact, like once your home and it's too late.
How fun! I can't wait to go!
Dang sweet!
I eat my ice cream like Avs, fast!!
Post a Comment