Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wildlife Safari

We went to Africa. Ok. Not really, but it felt like it. We headed down to a wildlife safari and saw some incredible animals. The animals are used to cars driving through so they'll come up to your cars and want food.

Here is Tyson feeding an animal.
Here is Brent feeding an ostrich.
Here is a zebra who saw what he wanted and didn't mind coming to get it! This zebra then sneezed which Tyson did not like and it's pretty much the only thing he'll talk about.
After we got done, we went over to the petting zoo to pet a few goats. I can't wait to go on another safari. Anyone want to join me?

14 comments:

Adrianne said...

I like animals- but only from a distance. I think I would have come unglued if the Zebra had sneezed on me!

Jess said...

That is so cool! I'm with Tyson, not sure I would like the zebra sneezing. You have so many fun things to do in Austin, we need to come visit.

Lonna said...

Count us in. We would love to go do that again. I hope that you didn't get in trouble for breaking the rules like we did.

I am glad that Tyson like the zebras, maybe not the sneeze part.

Aren't those little goats so cute.

Ryan Sanders said...

You need to get a video camera and take shots of something like that so we can 'feel' Tyson's emotion. That would have been a keeper for sure. Wish we could have gone down with you all. (Is it un'manly' to comment on a blog?)

ashley g. said...

I had no idea that zebra's sneezed. I had a sheep sneeze on me... it was nasty. I feel for you my friend. I think with counseling, you will come to forgive the zebra.

Neysa said...

That looks like so much fun at the zoo. We hav'nt been yet. That zoo looks like fun though for the kids. It would be fun to try different zoo's once in awhile.

Unknown said...

How fun! We really want to go but we were thinking next week, so you guys probably don't want to join us then. But count us in next time you go!

Christy said...

holy crap, i can't believe the zebra put its head that far into the car! nuts! looks like a blast.

Ashley C. said...

why dont they have one of those safari things in utah? i would go but only with my windos way up!

The Roberts said...

Which one did you go to?Do you recommend it?

meredith said...

I wanna go.

Rachel B. said...

That is so crazy to see a zebra's head in your car. That seriously looks awesome.

Kelly said...

Hey, Paige, will you send me the details of the name of this place and where it is. Kelly's parents are coming to visit soon and we're planning some activities to do with them. Thanks!

critts said...

How cool that the animals came right up to your car! Looks like fun!