Monday, May 12, 2008

Our weekend!


We had a great weekend. Friday we went down to campus to see where Brent spends most of his time. We haven't been down there as a family since Brent started school so it was fun to see it again. Walking around campus with 2 kids in a stroller doesn't make you stand out or feel old!!

Brent is now done with his first year and will start his internship in a few weeks. The kids love having their dad home.


On Saturday, my friend Conni and I ran the Chuy's 5K. She, of course, beat me, but it was still fun to be down there participating. I actually felt like I had a decent time. It was faster than I normally run a 5k. I was feeling good about myself until I crossed the finish line and then I hear an announcement that an 80 year old man was finishing about 10 seconds behind me. Awesome.


And Avery had licorice this weekend. Obviously it was a big hit!

25 comments:

aniC said...

you're my hero with all of your running. i ran track in high school, but you couldn't pay me enough to go running now.

Holly said...

Awesome! I didn't know you liked to run. I miss my faithful walking partner. It looked like a fun time and reminded me of a lot of things I miss in Austin- you, Conni, exercising, Austin and CHUYS!!

Corinne said...

Yay for Brent and for you Paige...we have a few more weeks and we will also be done with our first year!!! Yippee!

critts said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your mad running skills. And I love seeing Brent sport the Texas pride. I honestly think we have 10 times more UT apparel in our house than BYU. Congrats on surviving the first year and we're so excited to see you in Dallas. I'll even share my licorice with Avery.

Nicole said...

that 80-year-old man thing made me laugh, but only because he would definitely have finished before me!

Neysa said...

I think that is really cool that you can run still like that. I can't run without getting out of breath. I was in a lot more shape in High School. Can't do it anymore. That picture of your little girl is really cute.

Aubs said...

Way to go! I think that is wonderful to run a 5K...even if the old man was right behind you. It is a great accomplishment.
Your kids are darling. I can't believe how big they are getting.
You do have a great mother in law.
I've only met Aunt Sandy a few times since joining the Hill fam but everytime I do she is SO nice & amazing. Isn't it wonderful to have great mother in laws! We are truely blessed.

Clint said...

Great job Paige! You gotta watch out for those 80 year old men. They come out of nowhere. You are lookin' like a little toothpick.

Jana said...

Paige-
It was good to hear from you on my blog! Your kids are darling. Tysen is so cute and seems just as busy as my 3!! I am glad to hear you are still having as much fun as you always have. And your running, good for you! I try to keep up on it a little too. It keeps me from beating my kids! Keep in touch.
Jana

Melanie said...

I am so glad you are out running races every weekend while I stay home and eat cake!!! Really, the cake was gone by Sunday morning. Thank you so much, it was absolutely divine. You guys are the best friends.
Congrats again on One year down!

Conni said...

Paige, you are awesome, and I had a great time with you!!

Lonna said...

That was a really busy weekend. When you were on campus did people ask you if Brent was a professor because you had kids? Just kidding.

I am impressed with your running skills, two weeks in a row racing on the weekends, I would say that you are an addict.

I knew that Avery and I were meant to be friends, because I too love licorice. Mmmmmm.

Rachel B. said...

Paige, truly I am impressed. You are quite the fitness momma these days. I love that there was an 80 year old right behind you. That doesn't mean anything though. There are some pretty fit old people out there. :)

russandkatie said...

I'm sure everybody just thought you were babysitting somebody else's kids because you both look 18 to me :)

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Congrats on the run! Maybe one day i will acomplish that, but not any time soon! love the licorice face- so cute!!!

Jessica F. said...

Fun weekend! Stop running so much k! You are getting way too skinny!

How nice to have Brent off for the summer, we are looking forward to the summer also!

Anonymous said...

Seriously, Josh was a fish outta water at UT as he had a family. We totally get that ;-)

GO CONNI & PAIGE!!!! You girls rock. That is so great. My girlfriends and I are doing the Lehi ROundup 5k here in a month or so. I'm slow so not gonna worry too much about time, ha.

Loooooooooove Avery's cute licorice smile, she is a crack-up. And I love her polkadot sheets below. Oh, and because Josh loves Brent so much I will NOT be showing him the pic of Brent wearing Lakers attire ;-)

they call me mommy said...

Dude, I missed the Chuy's 5k? Awww, oh well. Next time! And don't feel bad - the first time I ran a 5k (not that this was your first time, but I'm just sayin', this is my story) I was actually PASSED by a man in his 70s wearing combat boots and a button up shirt. Quite the morale booster! And somebody mess up Conni's hair for once, okay?

meredith said...

you are looking so thin paiger! Avery on the other hand has got some cheeks on her.

you go girl.

(I like to say you go girl a lot so people dont know whether or not you have a lesbian sister)

Adrianne said...

yea Paige! Love the 5K photo- you have changed a bit since those Gold Gym days. Wish I was still as motivated- one day I keep telling myself I'll get to the gym again!! You are awesome!!

Christy said...

i'm way impressed that you ran the 5k, way to go paige. and it'd be way fun to get together sometime if you're ever around these parts or i'm around yours.

greg & allyson said...

Paige, you look like a little twig--maybe I should start running again?!--this is allyson, not greg. He will have not run in forever and then just pick up and do some big run, but I just don't have the motivation or stamina. Do you have any to spare?

Megs said...

Seriously, 22 comments. Very impressive. I am proud of you for all your running. I really got to get my butt in gear. You look great!

Ashlie said...

By the way Paige. That comment up there by Clint was from me. I was looking back through here and realized I posted logged in as him. Oopsie, that was probably weird.

Kelly said...

Good for you, Paige! And Conni! I'm totally impressed. Also, I think you should wear your hair in a spider-do sometime to church.