Friday, July 15, 2011

Indianapolis 2011

We headed up to Indianapolis over the 4th to meet up with some of Brent's family. We had a great time. We were able to do a lot of hanging out and a lot of fun things.
There was a lot of trampoline jumping.




the 4-wheelers were more than a big hit!


Avery and Brent's dad on a ride. I failed to get a picture of Payton on the 4wheeler but she loved going for rides!


Payton realized that watching Tangled was a perfect way to entertain herself while being locked in the room with me while I got ready in the mornings!




Brent's brother provided all the fireworks for our 4th of July celebration. These were not your ordinary fireworks. He put on quite the show!


Avery had her mouth open pretty much the whole time. She thought they were pretty amazing.



See, I told you they weren't your typical fireworks! Sparklers? Roman candles? That's baby stuff. Tim brought out the big guns!! I almost felt the need to get up and perform since I felt like I was at Stadium of Fire. Pretty sure everyone was grateful I didn't.



Tyson and Joseph. A year apart but best of friends.


We also went swimming one day. That's Tyson jumping off the high dive!



The last day we were there a few of us went to the zoo.


All the kids leaning over to try and pet the sharks. They were all successful.


The roller coaster at the zoo.


We got to pet an elephant. Very different than what I thought it would feel like.



Tyson getting ready to race the cheetah. Or at least race the machine that goes as fast as a cheetah!


Avery racing the cheetah. She was so fast! I think it was the tongue.


The kids shared a bed during the week. I think they were pretty tired since we found them sleeping in some weird positions. It went from bad...



to worse!!


A big thanks for Brent's brother Tim and his wife Jill and their kids for a wonderful week. We had a blast!

5 comments:

Megs said...

Loved the pictures of Avery watching the fireworks. And Tyson on the high dive. That is so awesome! I am glad it was a great trip.

merathon said...

k & b were very impressed with tyson's big jump off the diving board

merathon said...

and i have SUCH fond memories of the indianapolis zoo... i have always compared all zoos to that one!

Kelly said...

What a cool fireworks show, but I'll bet they would have all loved to see you perform. I would have paid for that! ha ha. Great job to Ty on the HIGH DIVE! Scary! What a brave kid.

Can't wait to see you next month.

Kristi said...

where in Indianapolis? we're moving back to my hometown, Carmel, IN at the end of October and putting down roots. Would be thrilled to meet up with you guys anytime you are in town!
Hugs,
Kristi