Monday, January 31, 2011

may the force be with you

This past Saturday we had a birthday party for Tyson. It turned out to be a huge success! With 11 boys at the party, it was necessary to have all hands on deck so there aren't pictures of every part of the party!

We had the boys complete and obstacle course to complete the first stage of Jedi Training. Once they completed the course, they were able to get their light sabers.

Avery insisted on having Princess Leia hair and a pink light saber.


Tyson defeated Avery in the light saber battle so she is pretending to be dead!
Payton decided to use the bats as her light sabers.



An action shot! After a few minutes of letting the boys fight eachother, we had them complete a target shooting game using Nerf guns. Once they completed that, they were able to get their jedi robes.




Darth Vader was able to make an appearance at the party. As with any good Jedi - you must be able to defeat your enemy!










We had a couple of other games and then the boys needed to destroy the Death Star pinata!



And we ended the party with Star Wars cupcakes and Yoda Soda. Despite the look on my face, we had a great time. The boys went home exhausted after hours of fighting eachother.

11 comments:

jan said...

You are the best mom ever! Great repurposing of the graduation robes. Brent is the best dad ever!

Jess said...

What a great Star Wars party! I love the light sabers and robes. My Luke would have been in heaven at that party.

Megs said...

Mom, seriously "the best mom ever" Maybe you didn't realize that I also read this blog!

looks like such a fun party. where is the picture of the sausage dip. Let's be honest that would have been a high light for me.

So glad it turned out. you did a great job.

Tyler Kearl said...

The force is with you.

Rob Abney said...

Can you plan my next party? Seriously that is the coolest party I have ever seen.

Adrianne said...

looks like fun and I have to admit I am a lot jealous that you can have a january party OUTSIDE! Hope all is well- you continue to amazing me with all the fun things you do with your kids. Love you!

Jessica F. said...

Best parents ever award goes to Brent and Paige! You two are a lot of fun. I love that Brent dressed up like Darth Vader (sp?).

Miss your buns!

Lonna said...

I think that was such a fun idea, and the fact that you were able to entertain 11 boys for hours now that is quite a feat. I am impressed.

Love the death scene by Avery, what a trooper to let the birthday boy win. Do you never run out of fun ideas, seriously I can't wait to see what you do for his 7th birthday.

aniC said...

I know next to nothing about Star Wars, but I'm an expert on cuteness, and that little Payton is the cutest!!
My kids are going to wish they had you around when they realize how lame my parties are.

Kellie said...

You're brave to give "swords" to all of those little boys. Looks fun.

Kelly said...

Meg's comment calling your mom out on the "best move ever" cracks me up! What a cool party! I'm sure the boys LOVED it! Nice work, Paiger!