Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving in New York

We were lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving this year with my parents in new york. The weather turned out to be pretty amazing and we were able to do so many things.

We went to Rockefellar Center.

We stopped in at the Lego store - which is pretty much Tyson's heaven.


We saw the Christmas windows at Macys.
The place where all the performances happen during the Thanksgiving day parade.
We were walking along and all of the sudden we see snow! They were filming Mr. Popper's Penguins and had trucks making snow. The kids were so sad when I told them it wouldn't be snowing when we went to New York - but apparently I was wrong!

No trip to nyc is complete without a stop at the Shake Shack. Lucky for me, Brent wasn't with me the first time so it gave me an excuse to go back!

Trips to the playgrounds are always a necessity with the kiddos.

Payton loved playing outside!
The older kids and I went to the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectular while my mom stayed home and took care of Payton. The kids loved the show.



We went down to where the balloons for the parade get blown up which was a fun experience.


My mom and dad - seriously - the most amazing people. This is where I get my awesomeness - and attractiveness.

Where's Payton?


Brent, the older kids, and I all went to the parade on Thanksgiving which was so much fun. Another thanks to my mom and dad for watching Payton.


My dad and Payton bonding.





Thanksgiving table.


My dad carving the turkey.

We also went to FAO Schwartz where Ty was able to sneak onto the big piano for a little slide action.

It was a pretty amazing trip. It was so much fun to be in New York, but even more fun to be with my parents.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Do you know that I often think of your family on Thanksgiving? This is due to the Thanksgiving we spent with you in Austin. AND, that particular Thanksgiving continues to influence us today, as my mother thought that Thanksgiving Bingo was such a spectacular idea that we now do it, too. You and your parents really are awesome. (And attractive. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm jealous! I've never even been to New York! I'm so deprived! Glad you had such an awesome Thanksgiving break!

Jess said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Love the picture of your parents and I too think they are awesome and attractive. (Just like you.) The picture of your dad and Payton is great!

Megan R. said...

So jealous. How fun, I totally miss your parents. I love them. Tell them hi from me.

Kelly said...

So thanks for answering my question over the origin of your good looks and awesomeness. I pretty much had it figured out though.

Your trip to NYC for Thanksgiving sounds like a blast! I love your family picture--your hair looks great. Sierra is jealous of your trip to the big apple and I'm jealous of your 'do.

The Childs Family said...

Loved seeing all the pics from your awesome trip! So glad y'all were able to go and have such a great time with your parents! Love the pic of Ty and Avery on the swing...such fun they have with each other!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Ummm yeah it looks amazing!!!! Glad you guys had so much fun!!!