Tuesday, September 14, 2010

(grand)parents day lunch



Sunday was grandparents day so yesterday Ty's school had a grandparent's day lunch. I didn't want Ty to feel bad that he didn't have anyone to eat lunch with so the girl's and I joined him for lunch.
A few things I learned from our experience yesterday:
1. If you aren't a grandparent, don't go eat lunch on grandparent's day.
2. Going through the lunch line with Avery and the stroller was not a good move. Next time - we're bringing our lunch.
3. Ty had no idea what was going on and could have cared less if we showed up or not!
However, it was a lot of fun seeing him at school. We will definitley go back and have lunch with him - next time, it will just be a less crowded day!!

8 comments:

katie said...

Gotta love grandparents and you gotta LOVE school lunch rooms!!!! You are one good mama

charity said...

look at those faces! I just wanna squeeze their cheeks. so cute!

Holly said...

Hey Paige! I'm finally catching up on blogs. I always LOVE your blog. Without fail, one of your posts makes me truly LOL. :) I'm so glad you got a book for kate's bookshelf. I'm excited to see which one it is. BTW I've been there before on the grandparent's day dilemma and did the same thing as you, with pretty much the same conclusion. Haha. Miss you. Glad to peek in on your life from time to time.

Hildie said...

Well, I didn't know it was grandparents day. Ada came home and said, "I was the only without a grandparent. I felt so stupid!"

Things like this were invented just to make me look bad.

Rapp Family said...

So funny! I'm glad it was fun to see him in his element at school, and I'm so glad he's loving Kindergarten. Our kids are very similiar. I just LOVE your babies' puffy hair. So cute. You have an adorable family, and I'm so glad to see that everyone is happy. Take care!

Rapp Family said...

So funny! I'm glad it was fun to see him in his element at school, and I'm so glad he's loving Kindergarten. Our kids are very similiar. I just LOVE your babies' puffy hair. So cute. You have an adorable family, and I'm so glad to see that everyone is happy. Take care!

Lyndsee Bates said...

Yeah the lunch line on any visitor day is horrible!!! Its so much fun to see them in their little world.

meredith said...

THAT hair!!