Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of school

Ty is off to his first day of Kindergarten! This is a day I have been dreading for the last 5 years! Ty has been my buddy for so long. He's such a great helper and such a great brother to Avery and Payton. He will for sure be missed while he's at school.

But he was SO excited to go to school which made it so much easier to send him.



Believe it or not, no tears were shed by anyone (except for Avery). Ty is going to do so great at school.


Avery was NOT happy to have Tyson go to school. These 2 have become such great friends. She kept asking me who she was going to play with now that Ty was gone. When I told her I could play with her, she wasn't too thrilled.


The face of a sad girl. But it's nothing a little donut, blanket and Dora couldn't fix!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! He looks so grown up! Here I'm freaking out because Abby is starting half day every day preschool at the elementary school in a few minutes. I never thought I would feel this way! Hope his 1st day goes well!

The Childs Family said...

He looks so grown up in his back to school outfit...and I think his shoes are cooler than Ben's! :)

Megs said...

how many donuts did it take you to be happy? He looks so handsome. I love Ty Bear so much. I am glad Avery has survived the day.

Lonna said...

Oh my goodness how can this be happening, As I was heading to the dentist this morning I saw all the school buses en route to different places, and there was even some class taking place outside on one of the fields! Summer is really over and the kids are in school! Tyson looks like he is ready for all that kindergarten has to dish out.

Poor Avery, I know that is going to be the same thing Harrison will do next week when Gwen starts her new school schedule. I have a feeling that tears will be shed and many a doughnut will be consumed over here. When does Avery start her preschool routine? I bet that she will love telling Ty the things that she does at school. They are so cute together. What a year this is going to be at your house. What are you going to do in the free time you have with two kids gone...the possibilities are endless.

meredith said...

He looks so old! And so cute. Looks like he is already doing well in school!

I am going to go eat a donut for Avery.

Jess said...

What a handsome kindergartner! I'm glad he is loving it. I remember how much Katelyn missed Luke when he went to kindergarten. I'm not sure how she is going to handle being without him all day now. I will make sure to have some donuts on hand.

Kelly said...

I cracked up when I read that Avery didn't like her plan b playmate option. I'd be excited! Tyson looks great. What a good kid. Christopher has a shirt just like that. It's an exciting time. Sorry you'll miss him. I can relate.